Hands-on Intermediate WordPress Workshop
Do you already have a self-hosted WordPress site? Do you know the basics, but want to harness the power of WordPress? Do you want to step up your skills, find out the capabilities of WordPress. Then our hands-on Intermediate WordPress Workshop is for you. We’ll cover some of the most commonly used plugins, walk you through how to find and select appropriate plugings, theme selection and more.
We’ll be covering free vs. premium themes and how to evaluate them. Even though most premium themes cost less that $100, we’ll make recommendations on which premium theme providers have proven the test of time and offer quality WordPress Themes and great support.
In addition we cover best practices for security, preparing your site for SEO, and backup and recovery plugins and best practices.
Intermediate WordPress Workshop Features:
- Plugins: how to select and test
- Review of some basic and advanced plugings
- Themes, how to choose and properly edit themes
- Theme evaluation
- SEO – on-site preparation and how to
- Security – how to protect your site from Spam, robot attacks
- Backup and Recovery – updates, how to implement your own process
This class assumes you know the in’s and out’s of navigating the WordPress Dashboard as an administrator, and have a self hosted site (not WordPress.com)